Main | Sign Guestbook| Read Guestbook | Links | My Other Sites | Mail Me
Laree's Slam Dunk Fanfiction
Together 
Part One

" I must be the most pathetic person in the world for doing this..." Mitsui Hisashi muttered absently to himself as his eyes darted around the hallway one more time to check for any people that might be wandering around.  It wouldn't do for The One and Only Love of His Life to find out that he had been lurking around.  Especially not since said One and Only Love of His Life had recently acquired a very temperamental, very tall and very well built boyfriend.  But he had to do this.  He had to smell his Min-kun's scent one last time before he could let go of him...Once again, the fleeting thought that he was finally going crazy, planning on breaking into an apartment just to sniff some old laundry of his Min-kun's, ran through his mind but he pushed these thoughts away stubbornly.  Some might say that he was obsessed with the soft-spoken, bespectacled young man.  He preferred to think of himself as...Well, extremely devoted.

With this thought, Mitsui walked over to the door of apartment number 924 as casually as he possibly could.  He stood before the door for a moment, trying to calm himself.  Dear God, he was about to break into his Min-kun's apartment!  It wasn't the thought that he was doing something against the law that scared him, It was the fact that he was about to step into the home that The One and Only Love of His Life shared with his new boyfriend.  He tried the door knob and to his immense surprise, it turned easily in his hands.  He stared at it uncomprehendingly before raising his eyes heavenwards and uttering a short prayer of thanks.  Well, it wasn't as though he was breaking in now, was it?  The door had been open when he had tried it...There was no breaking in involved.  It was though Min-kun himself had invited him into the apartment.  But Min-kun was always so manically obsessed with making sure that the apartment door was locked so it must be that stupid redhead's fault!  " Why that idiot!  How could he just leave the door open like this?"  He muttered angrily.  " What if some maniac comes in at the middle of the night, finds the door open, goes in and does something bad to my Min-kun?"

Taking a deep breath, he pushed the door open and stepped into the apartment, wondering why the hell the lights were all all open.  He looked around him at the new home of his ex-boyfriend.  Well, at least there was one good thing to be said for that Sakuragi Hanamichi.  He obviously had money.  A whole lot of it, in fact.  His eyes wandered around the richly furnished apartment, eventually zoning in on a cluster of framed photographs on a table.  He was drawn to them unconsciously.  There was one of Sakuragi and Kogure, dressed in tuxedos, obviously in some sort of formal event, one of Sakuragi pushing Kogure on the swing, one of the two of them standing before a large Christmas Tree wearing identical Santa hats.  "Kawaii..." He sighed as he picked up a solo picture of Kogure holding a tiny pug puppy up towards the camera.  Looking around guiltily, as though he expected somebody to jump out at at any second and demand to know what he was doing in here, Mitsui turned the silver picture frame around and proceeded to ease the photo out of it.  Just a little remembrance of his Kimi-kun...It wasn't as though anyone would miss it anyways.  There were lots of other solo picture of Kogure around the apartment, as he had gathered from the quick look over that he had given it.  It was as though the whole damn place was a shrine to the great Min-kun.

" What are you doing here?"

Mitsui yelped involuntarily at the sound of the very much unexpected voice.  He had seen Kogure and Hanamichi coming out of the apartment building with his very own eyes.  Was it possible that they had returned already?  He was going to jail.  Oh, God.  He was going to jail...Taking deep breaths, he turned around only to come face to face with..." Rukawa?"

" Yeah." Rukawa nodded towards the photograph frame that Mitsui still held in his hands.  " You planning on taking that?"

" Wha?  No!  No!  Of course not!"  Mitsui snapped, setting the frame back down to the table with a loud thud.  " What the hell do you think I am?  Some sort of burglar or something?"

" People who break into homes usually are." Rukawa pointed out, raising an eyebrow at Mitsui's obvious nervousness.

" I...I was just taking the picture..." Mitsui explained lamely, holding out the photo for proof.  " That's all.  I wasn't stealing anything.  Just...Well, just this picture."

" Kogure, huh?"

" Yeah..." Mitsui's eyes narrowed suddenly when he realized that Rukawa had just about as much right as he did to be inside the Sakuragi-Kogure apartment.  " Wait a second!  What about you!?  You're not supposed to be here either, are you?"

" You catch on real fast, don't you, Mitsui?"

" You're still the same old SOB that you were five years ago, you know that, Rukawa?" But Rukawa had already walked away from him, wandering around the apartment as though he had every right to be there.  Mitsui followed him persistently, insisting that he be told Rukawa's reasons for being there.

Finally, Rukawa turned around to face him.  " Hanamichi."

" What, you still out to get Sakuragi, are you?"

" Yes.  But not the way that you're thinking."  Rukawa pushed the door to the master bedroom open and swiftly scanned the room with his cold blue eyes, looking for the perfect place to hide the tiny video camera that he held in one hand.  " I want him back, Mitsui."

" You want him back?  Since when did you and Hanamichi get together Ru..." Mitsui's words trailed of as he watched the younger, dark haired boy attaching the camera to one corner of the ceiling.  " Hey.  What's that?"

" A camera."

" What're you putting it there for?"

" So that I can see what those two get up to..."

" You pervert!" Mitsui exclaimed suddenly, shocked at this.  Since when did Rukawa become like that hentai Sendo?  He darted over to where the boy was busy installing his camera.  " I will not let you get your cheap thrills from my Min-kun you bloody hentai!" He declared, grunting with the effort as he attempted to pull Rukawa off the chair that he had been standing on.

" Idiot!" Rukawa fumed, letting out a well aimed kick towards Mitsui's stomach.  " I'm not planning on video taping their love sessions though I guess that's pretty unavoidable.  I just want to see what goes on between the two of them.  See what they talk about and things like that..."

Scowling and still winded, Mitsui finally let go of Rukawa and allowed him to proceed with his business.  "Why would you do that?"

" Because I, Mitsui-san, am going to break those two up."

Mitsui looked at him stupidly.  " Why?"

Rukawa shook his head.  " Amazing..." He commented.

" Huh?"

" I never thought I'd see the day when I'd meet someone denser than my Hana-kun." Rukawa explained,
" Now I believe I have..."

" I was just asking!"

" Think about it, Mitsui-san.  Hana-kun and Kogure, messy break up." Rukawa then jabbed a finger to his chest and then to Mitsui's own.  " Rukawa and Mitsui, the first people that they run to for comfort.  Do you get that now?"

Understanding dawned on Mitsui.  " Oh, yeah!"

Rolling his eyes at the hopelessness of the older boy, Rukawa walked over to the phone on the bedside table and began to fiddle around with it, Mitsui watching his actions avidly.

" Hey, Rukawa.  Where did you get all these spying stuff from, anyways?"

" They were just lying around the house..."

" Well, what did you use them for then?" Mitsui asked curiously.  It couldn't be normal having all these things just lying around the house after all...His eyes fell on a familiar blue shirt lying on the floor.  He pounced on it and pressed it against his face, breathing in deeply.  His Min-kun's shirt!

" I set them up around the apartment that I used to share with Hanamichi.  Just to make sure that he wasn't fooling around with anybody.  I also put them up in Sendo's place, that bloody pervert, always chasing after Hana-kun, Koshino's, Jin's, Maki's, Kiyota's, Yohei's..." The list went on and on.  Suddenly, Rukawa scowled.  " Too bad I didn't put any up at Kogure's old place though...I never expected him to be the one to take my Hana-kun away..."

" A little possessive, aren't we?" Mitsui commented with a smirk.

" A little obsessive, aren't we?" Rukawa retorted, gesturing to the shirt that Mitsui still had pressed against his face.  " Hey, I'm not the one trying to inhale a sweaty old shirt..."

" Min-kun doesn't sweat...Min-kun is-"

" Yeah, yeah.  Whatever.  Min-kun is perfect." Rukawa finished for him with a scowl.  " I've done what I've come to do.  I'll leave now so that you can do whatever you want to do with your precious Min-kun's shirt."

" Hey, Rukawa.  Wait!" Mitsui grabbed hold of the younger boy's arm before he could walk off.  "You really mean all that stuff about breaking those two up?"

" Would I be doing all of this if I didn't?"

" No...I guess not."

Rukawa stood there, a silent battle going on within himself.  There was one side that told him that he could always use more help in this and Mitsui seemed to be the perfect ally.  It must have been fate that had brought them together at this place in time.  And then there was another side that insisted that he, Rukawa Kaede, the loner, preferred to work alone.  Finally, he came to a decision.  " You want in?"  He asked quietly.

" Yeah, I want in."  Mitsui didn't even hesitate.  " I most definitely want in..."
 


| Next |